Help us improve! Share your insights for an enhanced experience.
Start the Survey
Quick information
  • Title: Folsom Prison
  • Developer: Nolimit City
  • Reels: 5
  • Rows: 2+
  • Paylines: 46664
  • RTP: 96.07%
  • Hit Frequency: 22.62%
  • Max Win: 75000x
  • Max Win Probability: 1 in 6.5M rounds
  • Bonus Round Frequency: 1 in 195 spins
  • Volatility: High
  • Min/Max Bet: €0.2/€120
  • Release Date: Jun 14, 2022

Folsom Prison Slot Review

December 6, 2022
 8.8
Play Demo

By pressing play, you agree that you are above legal age in your jurisdiction and that your jurisdiction allows online gambling.

Close.

Folsom Prison Slot Overview

Folsom Prison is a new casino slot from Nolimit City where we visit one of the most dangerous prisons. We were introduced to their San Quentin xWays slot almost exactly a year ago, where extremely high volatility often could make stays there very dangerous, but this also proved to generate unforgettable wins for a lucky few. The Folsom Prison is the second oldest prison in the California state after San Quentin, where a lot of violent inmates have been sitting there since its opening in 1880. Something that this game provider certainly continues to impress with, is their ability to make creepy themes, enjoyable and captivating to play. Let's visit this place and find out what you can expect to see during the spins.

Folsom Prison is a video slot from Nolimit City that has 5 reels where the majority of rows are locked from the start. This results in starting with 16 ways to win, but during the course of the game it can be up to 46664 ways to win. You can choose between a Min.bet of 0.20 and a Max.bet of 100, whereby an activation of the Toast Bet increases the bet size by 20% and thus can make the maximum bet 120. The game has been created with two different RTPs, where one is an RTP of 96.07% by default and the other RTP size is 94.01%. Folsom Prison has a high volatility and a hit frequency of 22.62%, where you can win up to 75000X the bet.

Like how packed this slot is with prisoners, it is also packed with a lot of festive features. The features are Toast Bet, Wild Symbols, Walk the Line, The Chair, Cockroach, xWays, xSplit, Meet Your Maker and Bonus Buy.

Folsom Prison Slot Information

The design of the game is based on the theme of the well-known Folsom Prison, where we pay a visit to this place and meet a bunch of prisoners. In the background of the reels, you can see this prison with high guard towers, where most of the positions on the reels are behind bars. Along with a fantastic design, a very captivating music has been created that raises the mood considerably during the game. You can play this slot on all the devices notepads, desktops and mobiles. You create a winning combination by landing 3 or more of the same symbol type on adjacent reels starting at the far left.

Base game

It's a 4-6-6-6-4 reel setup, where most positions are locked from the start and you then have 16 ways to win. These locked positions can be unlocked using special symbols and Cockroaches, where scatter, wild, xSplit and xWays symbols landing on an open position will open the nearest locked positions below and above on the respective reel.

The lower paying symbols are 10, J, Q, K and A. Landing 5 of the same symbol type pays between 0.3X to 0.9X the bet. The higher paying symbols are the prisoners Fresh Meat (grey), Backstabber (red), The Fixer (blue), Shivy Impala (green) and Shankman (yellow). The game's wild symbol consists of a rose and the scatter symbol shows a golden Folsom prison. During the spins you can also land xSplit and xWays symbols. Let's find out what the features do.

Folsom Prison Slot Features

What is the max win in the slot Folsom Prison?

You can win up to 75000X the bet.

What features are available in the slot Folsom Prison?

The features are Toast Bet, Wild Symbols, Walk the Line, The Chair, Cockroach, xWays, xSplit, Meet Your Maker and Bonus Buy.

The Chair - Bonus game

Toast Bet

You can choose to activate the Toast Bet by paying 20% extra of your bet size, whereby this will guarantee a scatter symbol to land on the second reel.

Wild Symbols

The game's wild symbols help to enable more winning combinations by substituting for other paying symbols. These are the normal wild and the Cockroach nest, where they can land on all reels except reel 1.

Walk the Line

By landing 3 scatter symbols, the Walk the Line bonus game is activated. You can only land the scatter symbols on the reels 2 to 5 and on the 2 middle rows, where it is only possible to land it on reel 5 within the Walk the Line feature. When you land 2 scatter symbols, reel 5 will be unlocked and you will have an opportunity to land a third scatter to activate the bonus game. If you land only 2 scatter symbols, these will turn into either xSplit, xWays, wild or Cockroach nest symbols.

When you activate the Walk the Line feature, you are greeted with 8 free spins, where you receive 2 extra free spins when you land a scatter on reel 5. If this scatter is affected by an xSplit symbol, it awards 1 extra free spin, giving you 3 extra free spins in total. If this occurs, the remaining Walk the Line spins will turn into The Chair Spins.

You are guaranteed to land at least 1 wild cockroach on each spin, where you also start with a 2-4-4-4-2 reel setup.

The Chair

If you land 4 scatter symbols, The Chair bonus game will be activated, and you will then get 8 free spins. You will then receive 1 additional free spin each time a scatter symbol is affected by an xSplit symbol. You are guaranteed to land at least 3 Cockroach symbols on each spin, and you start with a 4-4-4-4-4 reel setup.

Cockroach

These Cockroaches will spawn on the middle 3 reels and can also transform from scatter symbols. Their starting position will then turn into wild symbols, and they will then wander around the reels leaving multipliers on the symbols that they pass. If they pass a position multiple times, the multiplier on that position will also increase several times in parity with the size of the Cockroach multiplier. If the Cockroach passes a locked position, it will be unlocked and if multiple Cockroaches occupy the same position, it will be turned into a wild.

Within the bonus game, you can also land Cockroach nest symbols that are inactive until a Cockroach wanders over that symbol. It will then upgrade its multiplier for the rest of the feature. The different multiplier levels that a Cockroach can have is either 1X, 2X, 3X or 10X. If it holds 2 eggs, it will upgrade the Cockroach 1 level, but also clone another Cockroach that stays during the remaining spins. However, this can only occur once per bonus game session and the multiplier that the Cockroaches receive within Walk the Line will follow you to The Chair if you activate it within the same round.

xWays

This symbol can land in any position during the spin, where it will contain 2 to 4 of a random normal paying symbol type. The xWays symbols will open 1 symbol below and 1 symbol above on the same reel as it lands on, where this results in the ways to win increasing.

xSplit

This symbol can only land on the reels 2 to 5 and the two middle rows. When this symbol lands, all symbols on the row will split, thus doubling the ways to win for the paying symbols. If you split the scatters, an extra free spin will be given when you activate the bonus, and this will also result in additional locked cells being unlocked. The xSplit symbol splits itself into 2 wild symbols and the multiplier level will be upgraded by 1 if you split a Cockroach nest.

Meet Your Maker

If you manage to obtain the game's maximum win of 75000X the bet, then the Meet Your Maker scene will be activated, and you will then receive this gigantic prize pot.

Bonus Buy

There are 5 different bonus buy options that you can choose from to take part in directly, where these cost and give the following:

68X (max.bet €100) = You activate the Walk the Line bonus game, where there is an RTP of 96.36%.

1500X (max.bet €6) = You activate The Chair bonus game, where there is an RTP of 96.31%.

82X (max.bet €100) = You have 99% chance to activate the Walk the Line and 1% to activate The Chair, where it is an RTP of 96.46%.

355X (max.bet €24) = You have an 80% chance to activate the Walk the Line and 20% to activate The Chair, where it is an RTP of 96.20%.

784X (max.bet €10) = You have a 50% chance to activate the Walk the Line and 50% to activate The Chair, where it is an RTP of 96.33%.

Folsom Prison Slot Conclusion

It's been just over a year and a half since we stepped into San Quentin and took part in its explosive slot. A game that, with its hefty dose of suspenseful moments, certainly has kept players enthralled in front of their screens for long periods of time. This time it was time for us to visit another famous prison within the California state, namely the Folsom prison. This game provider really puts a lot of time into creating ingenious features and beautiful design, but they supposedly put just as much time into the music, because wow what a mood you quickly get into when you click into the game.

The catchy but slightly darker tunes, help create the perfect touch to the spins, so make sure you turn up the music when you visit this site. The game is peppered with many festive familiar features including xSplit and xWays which can liven up the atmosphere quite a bit. It's a very modest reel setup that you start with and as the symbols pay rather poorly by themself, it's many times hard to generate any notable wins within the base game.

Activating the bonus games makes up for some really thrilling spins and never have Cockroaches been loved so much as in this game. Depending on whether you activate Walk the Line or The Chair, you are guaranteed at least 1 and 3 Cockroaches respectively on each spin and these will wander around to sprinkle multipliers to the various symbols. Their wandering patterns are random and sometimes there can be some serious wandering done and thus giant wins can also be created. It will be a feast for the eyes when these deployed multipliers are included in wins, for many times they can also be deployed but lack winning combinations. One has certainly been spoiled lately regarding max wins from this game provider, where their Tombstone RIP can pay up to 300000X the bet, but it must be admitted that a potential MAX WIN of 75000X is really good too. Moreover, the chances of landing this max win are 1 in 6500000 spins, which can be considered very favorable.

The game has received a fantastic polish and the excitement is really on point, but many times it really feels like you are depending on activating The Chair for big wins to trickle in.

Folsom Prison is a new slot where we visit this infamous prison, where the Cockroaches can be of great help in the hunt for the huge winnings.

Quick information
  • Title: Folsom Prison
  • Developer: Nolimit City
  • Reels: 5
  • Rows: 2+
  • Paylines: 46664
  • RTP: 96.07%
  • Hit Frequency: 22.62%
  • Max Win: 75000x
  • Max Win Probability: 1 in 6.5M rounds
  • Bonus Round Frequency: 1 in 195 spins
  • Volatility: High
  • Min/Max Bet: €0.2/€120
  • Release Date: Jun 14, 2022
Nolimit City Casinos
FanDuel
Bonus € 1000 + Free Spins
Bonuses Avalible
18+, New Customers Only, T&C Apply, Gamble Responsibly
WynnBet
Bonus € 1000 + 0 Free Spins
Bonuses Avalible
18+, New Customers Only, T&C Apply, Gamble Responsibly
Betway NJ
Bonus € 1000 + Free Spins
Bonuses Avalible
18+, New Customers Only, T&C Apply, Gamble Responsibly
View All Casinos
Recent Reviews
Hell's Hogs 2 Squealin' Wheels
Reflex Gaming
Read Review
July 2, 2024
Ronaldinho Spins
Booming Games
Read Review
June 30, 2024
Stone Gaze of Medusa
Stakelogic
Read Review
June 26, 2024
View All Slot Reviews
Hold Tight!
You're now leaving
Hold Tight!
You're now leaving